POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How is this even possible? : Re: How is this even possible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:32:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How is this even possible?
From: Warp
Date: 26 Dec 2012 03:37:44
Message: <50dab758@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> I just love how some Americans are trying so hard to rewrite their own
> history and their own constitution.

Btw, I also love how some Americans try to get around the constitution
by playing with words. For example, some argue that Christianity is not
a religion, that it's a "philosophy", and therefore it's completely ok
for the government to promote it. (Yes, this *is* an actual argument that
some make, eg. Bill O'Reilly.)

Yes, who cares about the spirit of the law? Let's twist the letter of the
law so that we can get around it. Let's change the meaning of words so
that they mean something else than was originally intended. If we *call*
things with different words, then we can avoid the restrictions. It's all
about how we name things. Who cares what the *intent* of the constitution
is...

--
                                                          - Warp