POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How is this even possible? : Re: How is this even possible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:24:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How is this even possible?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 22 Dec 2012 21:00:38
Message: <50d665c6$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/22/2012 2:38 AM, Stephen wrote:
> On 22/12/2012 8:30 AM, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> Except, of course, they where not. The only evidence of Semites "in"
>> Egypt, ever, is several hundred years earlier, when they temporarily
>> ruled it, then got their asses kicked out. None of the dates, based on
>> the Bible, line up with any pharaoh that could have done it. There is no
>> evidence of mass famine, the loss of most of the male population of
>> Eqypt (they would have either died in the army, or as "first born"
>> during the plagues), no sign of them being attacked by their enemies
>> during any time period it could have happened, based on the chronology,
>> etc. Worse, there is evidence of his "people" having had settlements,
>> for centuries, in the areas they supposedly wandered only 40 years (and
>> its not even the right 40 years, but like.. again *prior* to the
>> supposed Exodus.
>
> Very interesting, I did not know any of that. You are obviously better
> at research than I am, possibly you have a lower boredom level. ;-)
> Do you have any references as I would like to read them before shooting
> my mouth off.

I could look around. Its not my research. Its stuff that people who have
more time and interest than I do have found out. However, a quick search
finds that even some Jewish people have some of the details:

http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Judaism/2004/12/Did-The-Exodus-Really-Happen.aspx?p=1

Ah, here is one that goes into more detail (rational wiki):

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Evidence_for_the_Exodus

I am sure, with some work, it would be possible to find details on the
time when they briefly ruled Egypt, and the other details. But, mostly,
just the stuff already on those pages, and the references they come
from, are damning enough, without including the total lack of pottery,
or other artifacts, that show any connection to the Semitic people,
during any of the possible time frames, in Egypt itself.