POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another portrait from Gancaloon : Re: Another portrait from Gancaloon Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:21:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another portrait from Gancaloon
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 18 Dec 2012 10:08:30
Message: <50d086ee$1@news.povray.org>
On 18-12-2012 14:31, Stephen wrote:
>> On 17-12-2012 20:49, Stephen wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone know of a good second hand eye shop? Because it looks good to me.
>>> Although, maybe a fill in light on his RHS (left as you look at it)
>>> might help.
>>>

>> I would need one too (an eye shop) although the eyes still function to
>> satisfaction. ;-)
>>

> Aye! Mine could focus quicker for my comfort.

I know what you mean.

>> One day I shall improve the scene setup (low priority) to make it
>> Ive-proof ;-)
>>

> Let me know when that happens. ;-)

I'll do my best ;-)

> Seriously, I look beyond the image and see the intent. Maybe because that in
> real life you have to interpret what your eyes see to make sense to your brain,
> until you no longer look at it. Or maybe it is the result of my misspent youth.
> (Ooo! pretty colors)

Yep, so true! And also in the good old days of B/W photography is my
experience. Oh well, I just learned successfully to turn a pair of boots
I took from Apollo Maximus into conforming ones for Ryan, by using
Poser's Setup Room. I am well pleased. A few little glitches remain but
overall the work was simple. Most work was in Silo where I had to adapt
the geometry to the new hierarchy.

Thomas