POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another portrait from Gancaloon : Re: Another portrait from Gancaloon wip2 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:25:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another portrait from Gancaloon wip2
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 18 Dec 2012 03:48:47
Message: <50d02def$1@news.povray.org>
On 18-12-2012 1:18, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> I, too, see the effect Christian and Ive talk about; it looks exactly like bad
> Photoshopping.  (And like Ive, I must stress that photorealism is not the
> issue.)  My first instinct was that the contrast on the face isn't deep enough;
> but I know /just/ enough about color matters to consider the factors that I
> don't know enough about.  I must defer to Ive on these matters.  (If he's good
> enough for Jaime, he's good enough for me.)

Ive is the authority indeed and I shall consider some improvements to
the test setup following his comments, but as I answered to his post, I
am not as demanding and am still fairly satisfied with this (test)
image. Later scene building with this figure will show how it reacts to
the real environment. In the mean time, I go on tweaking and experimenting.

Thomas