POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How is this even possible? : Re: How is this even possible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:12:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How is this even possible?
From: Stephen
Date: 18 Dec 2012 00:36:50
Message: <50d000f2$1@news.povray.org>
On 17/12/2012 9:52 PM, clipka wrote:

> The truth is that they never sought religious tolerance in the first
> place - they had always strived for their own rules to be law.
> Unfortunately for them those rules contradicted the Church of England's,
> so they did suffer from religiously-motivated oppression, and this
> indeed happened to be the one factor that drove them to America. But
> that's about it.

You are correct of course but it is received wisdom that it is true. And
IMNSHO England was well rid of them. I only wish that they had taken the
Scottish Presbyterians with them.

> It's an all too common misconception that every person subject to
> oppression and fighting against it is automatically a warrior for
> tolerance.

Now that is very true. For an example you only have to look at a certain
state in the middle East, founded after WWII.

--
Regards
     Stephen