POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How is this even possible? : Re: How is this even possible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:26:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How is this even possible?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 16 Dec 2012 00:47:11
Message: <50cd605f$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/15/2012 12:30 AM, Warp wrote:
> If I get to define it, then I would have some suggestions:
>
> - Freedom. (Ok, would be more like a religion than a "god", but anyway...)
> - The Universe. (And not in the pantheistic sense. In the materialistic
>    sense.)
> - The Sun. (After all, it's the giver of life...)
> - Evolution. (What created us.)
> - Society. (The giver of all morals. Although evolution also qualifies when
>    you get down to it.)
> - The Unknown. (Where our universe came from. Favorite source of arguments
>    for gods and religions.)

Well, now, see... None of those things have magic powers, include an
afterlife, or even vaguely refer to sound theological concepts, so,
sorry, you're not qualified. Same way even if you read every book of
apologistics in existence, you would have still a) not read the one that
qualifies you to speak of the matter, or b) like.. didn't read them all
properly, or something. Yeah, that's it. You didn't read them right, so
you're not qualified. ;)

Only the people with "deep" theological views get to do that. You know,
the ones that are indistinguishable from everyone else's, in practice,
but are really, really, you know, so deep they are actually different,
even though not one thing such an expert ever comes up with is
indistinguishable from what the moron on the street claims makes it all
true.

There is actually a word for this sort of BS, someone came up with,
where you say something that sound neat, proposes to provide a great
explanation, but which, on anything at all like real examination, has
about as much depth as a two panel stick figure cartoon, which says, "It
is so.", in one panel, and, to which the other character is supposed to
state, "Oh, I get it!", in the other, without, like.. any of the
information you would presume lies between:

Deepitees.