POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Orthographic Decapitation : Re: The Orthographic Decapitation Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:13:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Orthographic Decapitation
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 15 Dec 2012 16:54:20
Message: <50ccf18c@news.povray.org>
Le 15/12/2012 22:12, MichaelJF nous fit lire :

>>> Moving away an orthographic camera? What should be achieved from this?
>>
>> Making the figures not getting cut off.
>>
>> Even in an orthographic render, the cameria position determines what you
>> see: Everything "in front" of the camera is viwithsible, everiything "behind"
>> is not.
>
> With the orthographic camera the up and right vectors determines the visible
> scene and nott
> the distance of the camera  to the desired objects. As far as i experienced.

Yet, if an object is behind the camera rectangular-plane (for
orthographic, it's not a point-camera), it is not on the picture.

The length of direction's vector is irrelevant (as long as not 0), yet
the orthographic camera has no eye on the back of its head.