POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How is this even possible? : Re: How is this even possible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:27:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How is this even possible?
From: Warp
Date: 15 Dec 2012 03:30:43
Message: <50cc3532@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott <kag### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On 12/14/2012 6:24 AM, Warp wrote:
> > Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> >> "The following persons shall be disqualified for office:
> >
> >> First, any person who shall deny the being of Almighty God. [...]"
> >
> > Btw, I love how it doesn't actually *define* what "Almighty God" means.
> >
> > Which "God" would that be, exactly? Can I define it?
> >
> Well, its El-Ohim. Uh, I mean Yahweh. Oh, wait, no.. Allah? Er. Jesus,
> yeah, that one..

> Definitely not any of the others though, its just obvious isn't it?

> Though, in practice, if pushed on it, it is either a) Any old god, or b)
> a non-specific, non-religious, statement, which just reflects tradition,
> or something else non-sectarian, well.. unless your a damn atheist, in
> which case, uh... let me have my lawyer get back to you...

If I get to define it, then I would have some suggestions:

- Freedom. (Ok, would be more like a religion than a "god", but anyway...)
- The Universe. (And not in the pantheistic sense. In the materialistic
  sense.)
- The Sun. (After all, it's the giver of life...)
- Evolution. (What created us.)
- Society. (The giver of all morals. Although evolution also qualifies when
  you get down to it.)
- The Unknown. (Where our universe came from. Favorite source of arguments
  for gods and religions.)

--
                                                          - Warp