POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another portrait from Gancaloon : Re: Another portrait from Gancaloon Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:18:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another portrait from Gancaloon
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Dec 2012 03:00:25
Message: <50cc2e19$1@news.povray.org>
On 15-12-2012 2:35, Christian Froeschlin wrote:

> Nice design. Although I perceive face and clothing more like two flat
> layers in this image ... but maybe it is just the simple lighting.

Could you elaborate a bit on this? I am not sure I know what you mean.
As for the cloth, the dark colour hides the shadows of the folds
obviously; for the face I don't know. The cloth makes a shadow across it
anyway.

More info: for sky and light I use a Terragen hdr dome (courtesy Ive)
with a Cie sun.

Thomas