POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How is this even possible? : Re: How is this even possible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:27:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How is this even possible?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 13 Dec 2012 13:03:49
Message: <50ca1885$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/13/2012 7:03 AM, Warp wrote:
> Kenneth <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> To our great chagrin, there is no 'intelligence test' for US politicians. ANY
>> idiot can be one.
>
> That's how democracy works, and how it should work, as long as those
> politicians are *chosen by the people* (rather than appointed by other
> politicians).
>
> If people choose idiots to govern them, they can only blame themselves.
>
> A completely different question is if those idiots got there by means
> other than by having been voted by the people. That's *not* democracy
> anymore.

Ah.. like redistricting/changing laws, to make it harder to vote, and/or
register to vote, breaking unions, which are the #1 contributor to the
only opposition of the right wing, who also spend lots, and lots, of
time undermining education (resulting in ignorance of the masses), and
funding things like Alec, and Fox News, where they feed total bullshit
to the public. Those sorts of anti-democratic things, perhaps?