POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How is this even possible? : Re: How is this even possible? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:24:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How is this even possible?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 12 Dec 2012 13:19:17
Message: <50c8caa5$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 12:45:12 -0500, Warp wrote:

>> Any law can be passed, it's up to someone who wouldn't meet the
>> criteria to challenge it in court.
>
> But I thought the whole idea of a constitution is that
> anticonstitutional laws can *not* be passed.

No - at least not in the US - laws are passed and then are challenged as
to whether or not they are constitutional.  Lawmakers don't judge the
constitutionality of laws they write (though ideally they should create
laws with an awareness of the constitution) - the judicial branch is
responsible for making that evaluation, and they only do so on laws that
have been passed.

Jim