POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Reflect light inside box : Re: Reflect light inside box Server Time
8 Jun 2024 04:52:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflect light inside box
From: Stephen
Date: 10 Dec 2012 16:53:36
Message: <50c659e0$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/12/2012 8:43 PM, Rhonda wrote:
> Probably because I have no idea what I'm doing. Can someone provide
> some guidance?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Join the club Rhonda. :-)

Primitives in PovRay are solids (sometime they are only surfaces o_O)
So what you need to do is make a box with six thin boxes. forming the
walls, floors and ceiling. Use a union to join them then difference that
with another box.
You only need to use the keyword "hollow" if you are going to fill it
with media, such as scattering if you want to see the light.

I hope that helps and welcome.

--
Regards
     Stephen