POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Parser Statistics anomaly : Re: Parser Statistics anomaly Server Time
15 Jun 2024 02:29:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parser Statistics anomaly
From: Alain
Date: 9 Dec 2012 15:16:05
Message: <50c4f185@news.povray.org>
Le 2012-12-07 07:39, clipka a écrit :
> Am 07.12.2012 12:34, schrieb James Holsenback:

>> Seems that everyone is OK with this ... I don't recall this limitation
>> in the past. Could this be side-effect of a recent change?
>
> Nothing truly recent, that's for sure. Did you test 3.6 behaviour?

I remember some renders using 3.6 where there was no infinits objecte
that reported some infinite objects. Those where mostly large "world
spheres" or other objects that would show wherever the background would
have been visible if those where not present.
My first impression was that when an object bounding box or extent
totaly enclosed the camera, then that object would be treated as infinite.

Alain