POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : undersea adventure WIP : Re: undersea adventure WIP Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: undersea adventure WIP
From: Stephen
Date: 9 Dec 2012 04:25:02
Message: <50c458ee$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/12/2012 4:34 PM, Kenneth wrote:
> Oops, you're right. Thanks for the link. I built my own anchor solely from
> imagination, no references. Hmm, not a good idea! (Actually, I just dragged it
> into this scene from one that I did long ago.) Time to update it, although I
> think I'll keep it's rather 'stocky' look; real anchors look a bit skinny to
> me

Sometimes reality is a bit disappointing. ;-)

> --except for US Navy ship anchors, which are HUGE!

Well there is a lot of tonnage to keep in place.
I worked on semi-submersible oil rigs and their anchors were too big to
keep onboard. Eight anchors weighing ten tons or more.
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/trondur/trondur0904/trondur090400262/4704565-pulling-anchor-onto-deck.jpg

--
Regards
     Stephen