POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Coloured leaves revisited : Coloured leaves revisited Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Coloured leaves revisited
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Dec 2012 10:10:28
Message: <50c35864@news.povray.org>
In between projects, time to experiment with a couple of things.

In March 2012, Norbert Kern explained how to make believable fall trees:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.4f624250b5209546dc4ffc880@news.povray.org%3E/

Not using megapov, I took some of his suggestions and worked instead on
POVtree meshes, using a spherical texture to simulate the fall colours.
The present image (in my tree testing environment) is a credible result
I guess.

The use of this texture needs some careful tweaking in terms of scale
and translation, and also a strong warp turbulence to make a more random
distribution.

The following code is used, with the POVtree terminology:

//start code
#declare LAUB =
texture {
   spherical
   texture_map {
     [0.45 BOZO1]
     [0.55 BOZO2]
   }
   scale 1015.11115	//scale according to POVtree output
   scale 1/50
   warp {turbulence 10}	//change according to need
   scale 50
   scale <0.5, 1, 0.5>*1	//change according to need
   translate 250.0*y	//change according to need and/or POVtree scale above
}
//end code

Thomas

Post a reply to this message