POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Parser Statistics anomaly : Re: Parser Statistics anomaly Server Time
1 Jun 2024 10:29:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parser Statistics anomaly
From: James Holsenback
Date: 7 Dec 2012 09:25:00
Message: <50c1fc3c$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/07/2012 08:33 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 7-12-2012 12:34, James Holsenback wrote:
>> Seems that everyone is OK with this ... I don't recall this limitation
>> in the past. Could this be side-effect of a recent change?
>
> I feel a bit concerned though. I did not test your code, but what does
> it mean for the render?
>
> Thomas

Well this all started when I noticed "1" infinite object reported when I
knew that I had none, or at least I thought ... that led to the
discovery that my skydome object (generally just has a hdr image) was
the culprit. In the past I usually had scale in the 100 to 500 range but
recently I found the need for 1000+ ...

The guys who would know more about such things don't seem alarmed, and
I'm quite content calling my skydome object infinite when it's that big
... new (lol or new to me) paradigm right!