POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent : Re: To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent
From: Ger
Date: 6 Dec 2012 12:34:00
Message: <50c0d708$1@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron wrote:

> Le 06/12/2012 16:33, Encore nous fit lire :
>>
>>> I have it figured out, by not using the orthographic camera, but pulling
>>> the camera way back from the object and then zooming in. It didn't work
>>> the first time because I had a mix-up in my math.
>>>
>>> Camera distance increased by 1000
>>> --
>>> Ger
>>
>> So basically you change the Cam0Location to something like
>> #declare Cam0Location =  < 0 , 1 ,-1000>;
>>
>> which puts it to -1000 on the z-axis. How would you zoom in then after
>> that?
>>
> I guess: a small angle.

No, what I did was increase direction

#declare CamFactor = frame_number/100;
//#declare CamFactor = 1000;
#declare CamAngle = frame_number;
#declare Cam0Location =  < 0 , (1+CamFactor) ,0>;

#declare Cam0Location = vrotate(Cam0Location, <0, 0, CamAngle>);
#declare Cam0Location = vrotate(Cam0Location, <0, CamAngle, 0>) + (<-3, 3,
-3>*(1+CamFactor));

#declare Cam1Location =  <8.0 , 1.5 ,5>;

/*
  Declare the illusion camera pointing along the z-axis
*/
#declare UseIllusionCamera = 1;
#if (UseIllusionCamera)
  camera {
        location Cam0Location
        look_at   <0.0 , 0.0 , 0.0>
        direction z * CamFactor
        right image_width / image_height * x
    }

Doing it this way gives me a perfect view on what the difference is

--
Ger