POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reflections on employment : Re: Reflections on employment Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:28:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflections on employment
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 5 Dec 2012 18:11:57
Message: <50bfd4bd@news.povray.org>
On 12/5/2012 1:27 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> I would expect that for this example question, you would be very
> hard-pressed to construct a program inefficient enough to be considered
> "too slow". ;-)

That's because you're not thinking like someone who has no idea what
they're doing.

Take for instance the following algorithm, which I *tried* to make mimic
the sort of answer a clueless person might stumble and grope their way
to after hours of trial and error.  I couldn't manage make the coding
style quite bad enough to be realistic, but you'll get the idea.  I did
at least manage to put in a bug or two which ends up working due to
blind luck.

example of use:

sortInts("5000 353 1  145 145  145 354 23 16564")

the (horrible horrible) code:

def sortInts(S):
	i = 0
	count = 0