POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reflections on employment : Re: Reflections on employment Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:18:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflections on employment
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 5 Dec 2012 16:27:16
Message: <50bfbc34$1@news.povray.org>
>> According to one of the guys I work with, "LINQ is great and everything,
>> but it makes the code extremely slow". Does anybody have any actual
>> /facts/ with which to confirm or refute this? I would have expected
>> there to be a fairly minimal speed difference...
>
> LINQ has a certain amount of overhead, as to whether that significantly
> impacts the speed of your code obviously depends on the exact code and
> data you're dealing with. Even in your example I suspect the speed
> differential is highly dependent on the size of the list.

I would expect that for this example question, you would be very
hard-pressed to construct a program inefficient enough to be considered
"too slow". ;-)

You could perhaps write the program in the Iota calculus, running in an
Iota interpreter written in Bash script. That might perhaps be slow
enough...