POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Looking at cities again : Re: Looking at cities again Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking at cities again
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 3 Dec 2012 03:31:49
Message: <50bc6375@news.povray.org>

> So far I have a fairly inelegant macro to find triangles and quads
> from an arbitrary list of lines, an incomplete set of macros to make
> city blocks from arbitrary polygons, and the beginnings of some
> macros to make buildings from arbitrary polygon floorplans. If any
> block polygons are too small, they are either filled with a single
> building or omitted entirely (useful for plazas and suchlike). I
> really need an intermediate option, to fill a medium-sized block with
> 3 or 4 buildings instead of looping around the edges.

   Looking very promising, indeed, and the approach seems to make sense
(just needs a way to add irregular lines, like Thomas said).

> As always with such things, most of the fun is in the coding, so I
> fully anticipate to never fully finish this project, but hopefully it
> should produce some interesting images along the way :-)

   A city generator is indeed a very fun project... but if I were you, I
would be already teaching POV-Ray to my children, so they can continue
the work... ;)

   Regards,

--
Jaime