POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Memory Leak During Animations (v3.7.0 rc6, win7) : Re: Memory Leak During Animations (v3.7.0 rc6, win7) Server Time
28 Apr 2024 19:15:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory Leak During Animations (v3.7.0 rc6, win7)
From: Alain
Date: 2 Dec 2012 17:37:14
Message: <50bbd81a$1@news.povray.org>

> "Sereib" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I found some topics, but no useful answer in this forum:
>> When making animations, the memory consumption increases from frame to frame.
>> However, this does not happen for all scenes, but I still could not find the
>> element or setting in/of a scene which causes this problem.
>>
>> Any idea?
>>
>> The only solution seems to be to stop rendering after a certain number of
>> frames, and restart Pov-Ray again and continue with the next set of frames.
>
> I've also noticed this problem (or something similar) in v3.61 and 3.62. (In my
> case, it was a slow-down of the rendering time per frame, during the animation.)
> I don't know the cause, but try this trick (it works for me in v3.62): To start
> your animation, set Subset_Start_Frame to 2 (not 1), and Subset_End_frame to
> whatever. Then go back and render the missing frame 1. I would be curious to
> know if this helps.
>
> Ken

Would it be that your first frame had 2 object or less? Then, you add
some objects each frame.
In this case, the bounding don't kick in in for the first frame, and
stay disabled for the rest of the naimation.
It could be that simply adding 1 or 2 spheres with no_image,
no_reflection and no_shadow on the first frame will bring the object
count high enough.
You coud also set the bounding threshold to 1.
You could add some dumy object off view.

Alain