POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reflections on employment : Re: Reflections on employment Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:34:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflections on employment
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 2 Dec 2012 16:40:53
Message: <50bbcae5$1@news.povray.org>
>> It may be too early to say, but the WTF quotient of my new employer
>> appears to be significantly lower than my previous one. I mean, there's
>> still some minor brokenness there. But it's not like the last bunch of
>> losers I worked for, where the company was run by deranged howler
>> monkeys.
>
> It's good that you are seeing that what many of us told you for so long
> is in fact true - not all employers are as odd as the one you just
> left. :)

Or rather, I had assumed that I was working for *the only* broken
company. But now it appears that each company is broken, it's just a
question of how seriously or trivially.

> Spotify is great, subscribed recently myself - very large catalog of
> music, not all of it is as annoying as Gangnam Style or "other terrible
> music."

I think my boss just likes trolling people, BTH. ;-)

> And yes, it is legal - you pay a monthly fee and get access to what's in
> their catalog.

But not Pink Floyd or The Beatles, apparently... And yet, at the same
time, unknown bands like The Senti-Mentals are there. Very odd.

> Think Netflix or Lovefilm for music.

Ah yes - two other services that I don't yet understand...