POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reflections on employment : Re: Reflections on employment Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:26:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflections on employment
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 2 Dec 2012 15:58:51
Message: <50bbc10b$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 02 Dec 2012 12:30:30 +0000, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> It may be too early to say, but the WTF quotient of my new employer
> appears to be significantly lower than my previous one. I mean, there's
> still some minor brokenness there. But it's not like the last bunch of
> losers I worked for, where the company was run by deranged howler
> monkeys.

It's good that you are seeing that what many of us told you for so long
is in fact true - not all employers are as odd as the one you just
left. :)

> I have also learned that there's a thing called "Spotify", who's purpose
> appears to be to allow my boss to quickly locate terrible music with
> which to troll us all with. (Or just to replay Gangnam Style for the
> twenty-ninth time today...) Supposedly this is somehow legal. Also, I
> now know the words to The Troll Song.

Spotify is great, subscribed recently myself - very large catalog of
music, not all of it is as annoying as Gangnam Style or "other terrible
music."

And yes, it is legal - you pay a monthly fee and get access to what's in
their catalog.  Think Netflix or Lovefilm for music.

Jim