POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent : Re: To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:17:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 1 Dec 2012 12:49:37
Message: <50ba4331@news.povray.org>
Le 01/12/2012 17:57, Encore nous fit lire :

>> Default values are at the top of the page (angle is about 67.380° for a
>> 4/3 default perspective camera, but it must be explicitly using at least
>> "angle" keyword in orthographic if you want to use the second computation)
>
> Thanks for this I could already fix this option, however, this messes up with
> the invisible cuts that create the  illusion. The output is what is show in the
> screenshot. How can I tackle this now? :/

Well... you cannot have the same cut for perspective and for orthographic.

With perspective, the cut should be something like a prism-truncated
pyramid (top of the pyramid at the camera).

With orthographic, the cut should be something like a box (sides aligned
with the camera)