POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent : Re: To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:19:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: To Encore, Making part of an object tranparent
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 28 Nov 2012 12:34:09
Message: <50b64b11$1@news.povray.org>
Le 28/11/2012 16:24, Encore nous fit lire :

>> Ger
>
> I still can't figure out how to change the camera to an orthographic view.
> When I set the camera to orthographic, it simply messes up my "cuts", I would
> guess because those cuts are something like cone shapes that extend from the
> camera position to the point on the object, whereas it should now be more like a
> long parallelogram because of the different perspective. Any ideas how I can
> tackle this problem? :/

There is two options to specify an orthographic camera (after the
opening keyword "orthographic") :
 1. direction+right+up :(not for you), length of direction is
irrelevant, length of right is the number of povunit for the width,
length of up is the number of povunit for the height.

 2. same+specify an angle. At that moment, the length of direction
become as meaningful as for the perspective camera, and only the ratio
between up & right is kept (their length is "recomputed" from the
direction's length).

It's all there (for 3.7RC6):

> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Camera#Orthographic_projection

Default values are at the top of the page (angle is about 67.380° for a
4/3 default perspective camera, but it must be explicitly using at least
"angle" keyword in orthographic if you want to use the second computation)