POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Canister of Elbow Macaroni : Re: Canister of Elbow Macaroni Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Canister of Elbow Macaroni
From: James Holsenback
Date: 28 Nov 2012 10:22:53
Message: <50b62c4d@news.povray.org>
On 11/23/2012 04:36 PM, BertvdB wrote:
> James Holsenback <nom### [at] nonecom> wrote:
>> Here's the 1st test render, everything is fairly mono-chrome for now.
>> Lot's more noodles to come ... only 250 here. I have a kitchen HDR and I
>> think I can get this one to look like it's on the counter.I'm also
>> considering sslt for the noodles, however I'm worried about the render
>> time. If I texture one noodle and call it a bunch of times, it shouldn't
>> be too bad ;-)
>
> It needs for sure some colouring, now it looks like a cannister of maggots

LOL ... funny but not helpful ;-)

How's this ...

I think I've settled on this "kitchen counter" pose. I had to redo the
noodle simulation, I noticed some intersections. I just gave the even
numbered noodles a slightly less "mass" value. The utensils/rack are a
model I found ... it needed some work, but wouldn't import into blender,
but would in poseray. I'm going to keep the  utensils and make my own rack.

I think I'm close to over doing the angular look I have going on ... so
to break that up, I'm working on a pepper-mill for the foreground (left)
tipped on it's side (into the scene) with some peppercorns scattered on
the counter.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'work.png' (603 KB)