POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fruits bowl : Re: Fruits bowl Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fruits bowl
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 27 Nov 2012 06:47:08
Message: <50b4a83c@news.povray.org>

> It does add a lot of believability though.

   Yeah... and rendering time: lots of it! :) This one would have taken
at least 4-5 days for an "all-in-one" render, but I managed to render it
under 8h by saving radiosity and photons beforehand.

   The photons where saved without using radiosity nor area light nor
focal blur, but using the final glass texture with dispersion. It
rendered in some minutes.

   The radiosity (Radiosity_Normal) was saved without using photons, nor
area light nor focal blur, and also making the glass just rgbt 1. Again
this pass rendered in some minutes.

   The final pass loaded the photons and radiosity, and used area lights
and focal blur (35 samples). It took 7h52m.

   Now that I've a setup reasonably fast, I will try to do a better job
with the fruits...

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message