POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Canister of Elbow Macaroni : Re: Canister of Elbow Macaroni Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Canister of Elbow Macaroni
From: James Holsenback
Date: 23 Nov 2012 14:30:23
Message: <50afcecf@news.povray.org>
On 11/22/2012 03:16 AM, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>> I have a kitchen HDR [...]
>
>    Is that the one from Paul Debevec? If so, I've a setup of two lights
> which fits close enough the default spherical mapping of this HDR into a
> sphere, so the lighting and highlights seem to come effectively from the
> HDR. It's what I used for the fruits bowl scene... it took me a while,
> with lots of trial& error until I found the positions. Just ask for it...
>
> --
> Jaime

Well when I tried to increase the number of noodles I got too many
escapees ... So I reworked BOTH the noodles and the canister. I don't
know if it's blender, or me (LOL ... willing to call it me for now) but
until I cleaned up the canister mesh (adequate number of verities for
collision testing) and redid the normals before I got it with NO
escapees ... noodle count up to 428 now.

As it stands the simulation took over an hour ... and hammered my poor
ole 32-bit dual core machine. I'm wondering if there's a way to decouple
the script editor ... maybe wishful thinking, but I've got a gut feeling
it's a significant resource hog.

Two more things ... I couldn't locate my kitchen hdr, so Jamie if you
don't mind, I'd like to try the one you mentioned. Oh and hey the
perfect noodle pigment is eluding me ... found some image's to sample
but not joy yet, so if anyone else can offer that magic pigment, I'd
sure appreciate the nudge.

Cheers

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: