POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hello, my name is... : Hello, my name is... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:14:09 EDT (-0400)
  Hello, my name is...
From: Tim Cook
Date: 22 Nov 2012 21:03:53
Message: <50aed989@news.povray.org>
So I had the thought to make a new bow for Skyrim, because I'm not
really happy with the ones available.  But before I jump into such a big
project, I decided to just tweak a little one of the sword mods I have,
because I don't like how the point at the end looks...

...a pass of converting later, I load it up into Moray to have a go at...

...wait, what?  Terribly sloppy mesh, absurd number of polys on the hilt
that aren't really doing anything, the blade's not very good
either...shoot, I'll just build a new one from scratch.

So a bit of Googling later, I've got suitable reference images to make a
certain sword crafted for a six-fingered man.  Have spent all day today
working on it, and have gotten a reasonable amount of work done.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.sjcook.com

Post a reply to this message