POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fruits bowl : Re: Fruits bowl Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fruits bowl
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 20 Nov 2012 10:41:44
Message: <50aba4b8$1@news.povray.org>

> Hey cool ... nice test of mixed objects. Did you have same problem I
> had with the inner surface of the bowl? Now that I think about it
> maybe it was because I used a sphere then deleted all the faces above
> the equator for the basic shape ... or maybe a blender-ism with how
> the shape was initially created. Flipping normals (on inside of bowl)
> did the trick.

   I had the bananas going through the bowl surface at first try, but it
was because I used a non-smoothed mesh, with too big faces (bigger than
the banana radius).

   I never had any normals problem with Wings3D, with objects made by me
(but had to use the "invert" feature a few times with 3rd party 3ds
files). Surely inverted normals do not help on the simulation... :)

>  it's been a bit since I've had this much interest in /anything/

   Me too... this has me really hooked. And it's only the very beginning!

--
Jaime