POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fruits bowl : Re: Fruits bowl Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fruits bowl
From: James Holsenback
Date: 20 Nov 2012 08:27:10
Message: <50ab852e@news.povray.org>
On 11/20/2012 07:06 AM, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
> Hi:
>
>    Here is a more serious scene done with the Bullet Physics Playground,
> to test "real world" usage.
>
>    Some of the fruits (pear, banana) and the cloth come from the
> 3Drender.com "Lighting Challenge" scene by Dan Wade. The rest was my own
> models, and a fruit bowl I modelled with Wings3D.
>
>    The cloth and the bowl where made static on the simulation, while the
> fruits arranged over it are dynamic, so they fall to fill the bowl
> (actually I put a lot more than needed, to have some of them lying
> around on the cloth).
>
>    I attached two screenshots from the playground, one at step 0, and the
> other at mid way to the final one (I stopped it when all the "excess"
> fruits did fall over the cloth borders, at step 394).
>
>    Regards,
>
> --
> Jaime

Hey cool ... nice test of mixed objects. Did you have same problem I had
with the inner surface of the bowl? Now that I think about it maybe it
was because I used a sphere then deleted all the faces above the equator
for the basic shape ... or maybe a blender-ism with how the shape was
initially created. Flipping normals (on inside of bowl) did the trick.
Thanks for posting ... it gives me something to aspire to ;-) Oh yeah
... and especially thanks for the work on the application as well ..
it's been a bit since I've had this much interest in /anything/

Jim