POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Scientific illiteracy in boards of education : Re: Scientific illiteracy in boards of education Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scientific illiteracy in boards of education
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 19 Nov 2012 20:20:45
Message: <50aadaed$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/19/2012 5:58 AM, Warp wrote:
> Patrick Elliott <kag### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> "The Bible is absolutely, literal, true, or
>> at least the bits we don't gloss over."
>
> The Bible is literally true as long as you interpret it correctly.
>
> (That's what they actually say, and they don't see the contradiction.)

What contradictions? You mean, its actually hard to explain away things
like: Romans - Nice people go to heaven. vs. Ecclesiastics - There is
nothing for anyone in death, you will gain nothing, be rewarded with
nothing, do nothing, learn nothing, etc., etc...? I would think it would
be real simple! lol

and, that is just one of the funniest contradictions (from the position
of rejecting deities), in there.