POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Scientific illiteracy in boards of education : Re: Scientific illiteracy in boards of education Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scientific illiteracy in boards of education
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 18 Nov 2012 13:01:34
Message: <50a9227e$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/17/2012 5:42 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> See above re: my own frame of reference.  Those in the US who pine for a
> "better, simpler time" are pining for the world of "Leave it to Beaver",
> an idyllic, perfect world where there were no problems, unlike today
> where everything is someone else's fault.  (That view, incidentally, is
> most often put forth by the Republican party, which ironically bills
> itself as the "party of personal responsibility" - but they won't take
> responsibility for anything *they* do, and try to shift the blame for the
> current situation to anyone *but* them).

You noticed that too? ;)

And, married people didn't sleep in the same bed, a gun actually
functioned as a deterrent, not an escalation, and.. But, these are the
same party that hosts the, "The Bible is absolutely, literal, true, or
at least the bits we don't gloss over.", people. Its hardly a surprise
that they pick a work of complete and total fiction as a hallmark of the
old days, then insist that everything has gone down hill from there.