POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Over the sea to Skye, revisited. : Re: Over the sea to Skye, revisited. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:23:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Over the sea to Skye, revisited.
From: clipka
Date: 12 Nov 2012 22:57:32
Message: <50a1c52c@news.povray.org>
Am 12.11.2012 15:33, schrieb Ive:

> Completely unrelated and almost off-topic (well, related to one of my
> own numerous wip images):
> Does corbies mean crows or ravens? Referring to the (a lot older than
> Jacobian) Scottish ballad 'Twa Corbies'. I've always assumed crows (just
> because of the 'C' I think) but also did find 'translations' to raven.

Given the striking similarities between the song "Twa Corbies" (as sung
by e.g. Steeleye Span) and the song "Three Ravens" (as sung by Peter,
Paul & Mary), I'd assume it's ravens.

If anyone, by the way, happens to have a complete text and/or
translation of "Twa Corbies", I'd be very much interested (please send
to Christoph at Lipka-Koeln,de)