POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Over the sea to Skye, revisited. : Re: Over the sea to Skye, revisited. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Over the sea to Skye, revisited.
From: Ive
Date: 12 Nov 2012 13:40:06
Message: <50a14286@news.povray.org>
Am 12.11.2012 17:35, schrieb Stephen:
> I agree with you about the clouds, it is a cloud plane. Do you have any
> suggestions?

Don't try to simulate cumulus clouds at all. A few fluffy high altitude
cirrus clouds can be simulated with just a plane quite well and would
fit to the overall style of the image.
Didn't Zeger post some 'fastcloud' macros recently? Never used it myself
but might be of use here.

>> Completely unrelated and almost off-topic (well, related to one of my
>> own numerous wip images):
>> Does corbies mean crows or ravens? Referring to the (a lot older than
>> Jacobian) Scottish ballad 'Twa Corbies'. I've always assumed crows (just
>> because of the 'C' I think) but also did find 'translations' to raven.
>>

> It depends where and when you are.
> In Britain, in the Late Middle Ages it meant Raven.
> The word is not used much in England and Wales, now. But it is still used in
> Scotland to mean Crow.

Ah, thank you for the explanation, this makes it clear.

As with most traditional songs there are many different versions but my
favorite is about two corbies (maybe a couple) discussing the advantage
they have to make it through the coming winter because a knight lies
slain below their tree. E.g. using his long blond hair for nest building
or how delicious his eyeballs might taste.

> interest.

Never bored by drinking stories ;)

-Ive