POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Over the sea to Skye, revisited. : Re: Over the sea to Skye, revisited. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:13:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Over the sea to Skye, revisited.
From: Ive
Date: 12 Nov 2012 09:34:06
Message: <50a108de$1@news.povray.org>
Am 10.11.2012 19:17, schrieb Stephen:
> Anyway I have corrected a few faults in the bridge and here is the
> latest rendering.

The bridge looks great but while I'm a fan of old school surreal
renderings the clouds are annoying me. Those 2d cumulus do look so faked
especially closer to the horizon but more important they make the image
look nervous and busy in a way IMO it shouldn't be. Just some swirly and
fluffy cirrus (like the one in the top center) would be much better, I
think.

Completely unrelated and almost off-topic (well, related to one of my
own numerous wip images):
Does corbies mean crows or ravens? Referring to the (a lot older than
Jacobian) Scottish ballad 'Twa Corbies'. I've always assumed crows (just
because of the 'C' I think) but also did find 'translations' to raven.

-Ive