POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Over the sea to Skye, revisited. : Re: Over the sea to Skye, revisited. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Over the sea to Skye, revisited.
From: Alain
Date: 11 Nov 2012 17:32:15
Message: <50a0276f$1@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C47f79242%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=331022&toff=800&mtop=271206

> I remember the post and it is an excellent image.
>
> There was so much wrong with this scene. For one reason or another I
> started with a scene that did not have any global settings and when I
> added them I was so surprised at the difference that using Perlin
> instead of PovRay 3.1 as a noise generator caused it took me ages to
> find the cause of the discrepancy.
> Anyway I have corrected a few faults in the bridge and here is the
> latest rendering.

Nice indeed.
Just my own little gripe...
It loks like the bridge's piles are to short, giving the impression that
the whole bridge is actualy floating on the water instead of resting on
the sea bed.
Having some concreete blocks under the legs could be good. Given the
distance they are at, using a simple gray or brownish gray boxes should
be enough. It would even be OK if you stopped having them about mid-way
to the clouds.

Alain