POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Over the sea to Skye, revisited. : Re: Over the sea to Skye, revisited. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:17:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Over the sea to Skye, revisited.
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Nov 2012 03:26:39
Message: <509f613f$1@news.povray.org>
On 10-11-2012 19:17, Stephen wrote:
>> The clouds are better than in the original. However, I miss the haze of
>> the original which gave a nice atmospheric distance to the scene. Here,
>> it would diffuse a bit the sharp edge of the gibbous Earth.
>>

> Actually I like sharp images, but you do have a point.

Fair enough; You are the boss.

>> I know that you use Bishop3D, would it be possible to use there Bill
>> Pragnell's Moon technique to make an even better Earth view?
>
> Yes I could as I can include code to be rendered but I find that that
> technique always gives me a washed out image and clouds that don't look
> right.

Well, depends. Working with light_groups you could probably reach
identical results for the foreground.

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C47f79242%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=331022&toff=800&mtop=271206

> I remember the post and it is an excellent image.

Hmm. Seeing it again: it might need a serious overhaul. I shall do that
one day probably... ;-)

> Anyway I have corrected a few faults in the bridge and here is the
> latest rendering.

Well, in any case, the journey to Skye has been made much smoother now
;-) They can expect a lot of visitors from abroad.

Thomas