POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Over the sea to Skye, revisited. : Re: Over the sea to Skye, revisited. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Over the sea to Skye, revisited.
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 9 Nov 2012 03:51:03
Message: <509cc3f7$1@news.povray.org>
On 8-11-2012 22:41, Stephen wrote:

> entry (    The Bridge Builders - 2008). I was never happy with the
> clouds or having to have a full Earth. I have managed to change the
> cloud plane and have a waxing gibbous Earth with the night side lights
> showing.

> and the bridge is a model I made of the Forth rail bridge (SDL).

The clouds are better than in the original. However, I miss the haze of
the original which gave a nice atmospheric distance to the scene. Here,
it would diffuse a bit the sharp edge of the gibbous Earth.

I know that you use Bishop3D, would it be possible to use there Bill
Pragnell's Moon technique to make an even better Earth view? However,
that might then interfere with the bridge crossing the atmospheric
sphere; which you could then solve by making the bridge diminish to a
point before that crossing; which would however hide more the Skye
terminus... ;-)
A technique I used in "First Contact" back in 2008 too:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C47f79242%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=331022&toff=800&mtop=271206

Thomas