POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Scientific illiteracy in boards of education : Re: Scientific illiteracy in boards of education Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:10:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scientific illiteracy in boards of education
From: Warp
Date: 8 Nov 2012 09:33:42
Message: <509bc2c6@news.povray.org>
Francois Labreque <fla### [at] videotronca> wrote:
> That's exactly why scientists believe science to be the truth, too.

Like who? All scientists I have seen don't have any problem in saying
that science is the best we know so far. We are getting closer and closer
to understanding how the universe works, but we will probably never get
completely there.

However, it *is* justified to say that science is by far the *best* method
for discerning the truth and what's real and what isn't. All alternatives
fail miserably.

--
                                                          - Warp