POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Scientific illiteracy in boards of education : Re: Scientific illiteracy in boards of education Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:16:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scientific illiteracy in boards of education
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 7 Nov 2012 23:18:57
Message: <509b32b1$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/7/2012 2:45 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> We require demonstrated competence for driving a motor vehicle and for
> many other things we do in our daily lives.  If providing proof of
> citizenship is such a high priority, certainly it seems that providing
> reasonable proof of competence also should be a high priority.
>
> Jim

Providing proof of citizenship *is* a goosestep priority. In many
countries you are **required** to have an ID, and to have it up to date,
and you don't necessarily have to pay for it either. In the US, there
are like two dozen different ways you could prove you are legal to
vote/a citizen, but the new voting laws they where trying to shove
through nearly every place, where targeted at requiring:

1. Ones that cost money, since the government doesn't give them out free.
2. Ones that are hard to get.
3. Ones that take time, which many people don't have, to get.
4. Rules on when, and how, you got some of them, like student IDs, where
you had to either a) be in the same state as you parent, b) have been
there at least a year, etc. for the ID to count, even if you had one.

All of it was designed to target people that worked, didn't have the
time to jump the hoops, didn't have the money to do so, or who *tended*
to be liberal, like college students who didn't just attend the same
place their parents did, but moved to other states, to get what they saw
as a better education. It was all, 100%, directed at undermining certain
voters. And that wasn't even the most blatant BS. Second to the top:
Changing how votes where counted, or states where redistricted, often in
completely opposite ways. For example, winner takes all in a state that
tended to have a lot of liberal districts, but where the Republicans
where all concentrated in a smaller number of areas, then setting it up
as, "Each district vote counts towards its candidate", where there where
lots of conservative areas, but the highest concentration of actual
"people" was in liberal cities. Top of the list: The real voter fraud
that took place, where one guy registering voters was actually caught
throwing out applications for non-Republican voters, but turning in all
the ones that where registering Republican.

Bets on the same people that came up with this shit having a complete
epileptic fit, if someone told them, "You have to show you are competent
for this job to take it, not just have a lot of support from people with
similar mental health problems." (Yeah, I said it...)