POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Scientific illiteracy in boards of education : Re: Scientific illiteracy in boards of education Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:26:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scientific illiteracy in boards of education
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 7 Nov 2012 22:43:10
Message: <509b2a4e$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/6/2012 1:49 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> You pay peanuts you get monkeys.
>>
>> Well, if politics want a better salary, they can raise the minimal
>> wages... for everyone.
>
> As well as benefits.  I've always said that (for example) if the US
> government got what those on the bottom end of the scale got for
> healthcare (ie, emergency room visits only when things get really bad),
> those who are the worst off would be better off, because the legislators
> wouldn't put up with that.

The halfwit running against Obama actually said, in one case, that
"government healthcare wasn't necessary, because they could just go to
the emergency room." I am not sure which assumption in that idiot idea
was less disturbing, the one by which it was assumed that 'preventing'
illnesses was a bad thing, but treating everyone only when things got so
bad it was an emergency was good, or the equally idiotic lack of
comprehension as to where the fuck the money was coming from, if not the
same government, to pay for the ***free*** emergency room treatment.