POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Scientific illiteracy in boards of education : Re: Scientific illiteracy in boards of education Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:33:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scientific illiteracy in boards of education
From: Warp
Date: 7 Nov 2012 12:34:38
Message: <509a9bae@news.povray.org>
> But then again, we've got at least one representative who believes that
> vaccines cause autism, because an autistic kid's mother told her so once.

It's curious how the word of a few laymen, with no education nor experience
in the required fields of science, completely trump the thousands and
thousands of hours of scientific experimentation and testing, hundreds
of extensive clinical trials involving thousands of people, all performed
by diverse scientists from around the world, from different countries,
backgrounds and cultures (and who can't possible *all* of them have the
same agenda and be part of the same conspiracy.)

There is, in fact, a psychological phenomenon behind all this. I wrote an
article about that very subject here:

http://grindedgear.blogspot.fi/2012/10/people-are-really-bad-at-grasping.html

--
                                                          - Warp