POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Scientific illiteracy in boards of education : Re: Scientific illiteracy in boards of education Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scientific illiteracy in boards of education
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 6 Nov 2012 12:10:12
Message: <50994474$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/6/2012 8:01 AM, scott wrote:

>>> You pay peanuts you get monkeys.
>>
>> Well, if politics want a better salary, they can raise the minimal
>> wages... for everyone.
>
> Some jobs only need monkeys though, surely you're not saying the amount
> of skill/experience needed in politics is equal to the lowest skilled
> jobs in society? The more you pay below the "market rate" for
> politicians jobs the fewer good people you'll have to choose from.

Yeah, well. Even monkeys need to eat, and as things stand, the view, of
some of the wackos running, seems to be that it costs too much to buy
them bananas, so its, somehow, their own damn fault that they have to
eat their own feces. Case in point - My work doesn't pay its lowest
level employees more than minimum wages. They, if lucky, get 20-30 hours
a week, average, and then only if unionized, and the company just tacked
on a $5 a week health care charge, then gave them a 10 cent raise. So..
They plan to let everyone work 50 hours to make up the difference? Of
course not... And the current contract "explicitly" states that those
employees will *never* get a raise, since no one **ever** receives a
performance raise either, unless the state raises the minimum.

So, yeah, I would love to see the damn congress idiots, and senate, at
the minimum, have to try to live on that kind of wage, especially since
they don't seem to think they have to actually bloody spend time
working, either.