POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Scientific illiteracy in boards of education : Re: Scientific illiteracy in boards of education Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:32:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scientific illiteracy in boards of education
From: Warp
Date: 6 Nov 2012 08:47:44
Message: <50991500@news.povray.org>
> Not just BoEs, but legislative bodies.  One of our US house of
> representatives members on the science committee thinks that evolution
> and the big bang theory are "from the devil".

The people who appoint completely incompetent people to those positions
would certain not want for a completely incompetent person to perform
eg. heart surgery on them. I would like to see the politician who allows
a witch doctor who thinks that heart problems are caused by evil spirits
to perform surgery on them. Yet they put completely incompetent people on
the science committee?

--
                                                          - Warp