POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lego Superman - Man of Steel : Re: Lego Superman - Man of Steel Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:14:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lego Superman - Man of Steel
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 6 Nov 2012 03:07:55
Message: <5098c55b@news.povray.org>
On 5-11-2012 20:13, MichaelJF wrote:
> No need to blush;-) I only thought that my cheap trick could interest you
> regarding your former profession.

Oh, absolutely. In fact I have been thinking about the contour line
possibilities for a long time without getting very far. So, I see great
possibilities in your technique.

But with regard of the motion blur proper, I have been thinking about
how to use the averaging method (to replace the Megapov application)
without loosing to much (render) time. One thing your comment above made
me think of was (1) to isolate the moving object from the scene proper,
(2) animate it to get motion blur on a transparent background and
average the frames, and finally (3) average the blurred object image
with the scene image.

While more work than with Megapov, I suppose that it might work, and it
probably is the technique used originally by Megapov, but then embedded
into the code.

Thomas