POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lego Superman - Man of Steel : Re: Lego Superman - Man of Steel Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lego Superman - Man of Steel
From: "Jérôme M. Berger"
Date: 5 Nov 2012 13:13:51
Message: <509801df$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Am 04.11.2012 20:46, schrieb MichaelJF:
>
>> Yes, your proposal is much more detailed than mine. In fact I only
>> mentioned the
>> general idea that simply averaging pictures of a flight will not yield

>> a motion
>> blurred picture and proper weights are needed.
>
> As a matter of fact, for /realistic/ motion blur simple averaging of th
> images /is/ the proper method. Whike the "opaque object with transparen
> trail" look is a common staple - probably invented to give the
> impression of motion while at the same time preserving object detail -
> it is outright wrong.

	The "opaque object with transparent trail" is also what you get
with a flash light synced on the rear curtain and a long(ish)
exposure time (if you don't sync on the rear curtain, the "trail"
will be in front of the object, or sometimes on both sides).

	For example:
http://www.apnphotographyschool.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/358x500xni
kon-speedlight-rear-curtain-sync.jpg.pagespeed.ic.qeHOKzR258.jpg

		Jerome
--
mailto:jeb### [at] freefr
http://jeberger.free.fr