POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Gibberish : Re: Gibberish Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:27:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gibberish
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 5 Nov 2012 10:05:12
Message: <5097d5a8$1@news.povray.org>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkDD03yeLnU
>
> I believe the phrase is "epic fail".
>
> But then, I guess I'm one of a small band of elite experts, and the
> general populous doesn't know this...

Exactly.  Grandma wouldn't know this makes no sense at all, and most
people prefer to see a 10 year old girl "flying" over a wireframe mesh
of the Jurassic Park building to get to the building they're in and lock
the doors before the raptors get in than to see Trinity use bash to
exploit a buffer overflow in ssh v1.0 and hack into the Matrix.

Whle we're on the topic of Epic Fails, as it pertains to computers in
movies, Goldeneye is really bad for it.  The least of which is the
persavise IBM product placement through out the movie.  "e-Mail" that
looks like some sort of kiddie chat with cartoon avatars, viruses that
make rack modems fizz with sparks, and IBM product placement in the
least likely places (watch for the OS/2 Warp boot screens all over the
course of the movie!)