POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Scientific illiteracy in boards of education : Scientific illiteracy in boards of education Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Scientific illiteracy in boards of education
From: Warp
Date: 4 Nov 2012 04:30:43
Message: <509635c3@news.povray.org>
I hear that at many places in the United States (although I'm sure it's
not the only country in the world with this problem, but I get the
impression that it's one of the worst of its kind) boards of education
are often staffed by people who are completely illiterate in terms of
science and education. And it's precisely these people who decide what
is and isn't taught at schools. Apparently they get to those positions
for political reasons and because of a buddy system, not because they
would be the most competent for that position.

Thus you get things like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNspEpMK7FE

--
                                                          - Warp