POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : One Small Problem... (169kbbu) : Re: One Small Problem... (169kbbu) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:24:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: One Small Problem... (169kbbu)
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 3 Nov 2012 09:32:21
Message: <50951ce5$1@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle wrote:

> I'm scheming a scene which is going to have a bunch of computers at
> desks, and here's the keyboard.

Looks great, my only complaint would be that the keys sit on a solid
body without any holes cut out for them. This is most notable on the
left/lower keys of each block where no shadow coverts the missing gap.

Also F, J, and Numpad 5 usually have different shape for touch
recognition, either with a more concave surface or with a tiny point
on the center. Funny I never noticed up to now that my current keyboard
uses the deeper cut for F and J but the prickly dot on the 5.

> The chief problem with this model is that it contains 2152 scene-level
> objects.  There are ways to lower this, but that'll take some work.

if you don't want an external image map you can probably transform the
text labels separately from the keys and use them as "object" texture.

> (It won't animate, either, but I'm not planning an shots where that will
> be an issue.)

With "does not animate" do you mean the keys can't be pressed?